“bear down and complete the annual campaign…30% of the annual giving is done in December, 10% in the last three days, the value of each gift is higher via easy to navigate charity giving pages”
What makes a successful campaign close:
1. Know and communicate your goal.
2. Test your messaging and differentiate your lists
3. Vary messages at year end to reflect urgency, the year end goal attainment, the celebration of nearing the finish line....
4. Make the message personal to match your donor perspective.
5. Motivate with a call to action.
6. Start year end messaging in October
7. Integrate your direct mail campaign with social media and make them feel consistent.
8. Focus on your goal for the year end instead of talking about next year's goal.
9. Focus on one person’s story.
11.Contact lapsed donors at least 3 times in different ways before the end of the year.
12. Offer recurring gifts
13. Remember a receipt is not a thank you and a thank you is not the only step toward donor engagement. Plan to report back what you did with their money.